Aluminum Sheet for Lighting Industry
While the applications for SAF’s standard matte sulfuric acid anodizing for aluminum sheet are limited in the lighting industry, SAF offers a low-cost alternative when a satin, uniform aluminum sheet is desired. The anodic coating protects the aluminum surface from corrosion and is typically known in the lighting industry as “non-specular” or “diffuse.” Unfortunately SAF cannot predict a Total Reflectance because we do not know in advance how the metal will anodize.
- Metal thickness: typically between 0.4mm and 1.61mm (0.016″ and .063″ inches)
- Up to 49″ input widths
- Color Anodizing (dyes)
- 66″ maximum O.D., 10,000 lbs maximum coil weight
- Anodic coating typically less than 3uM.
- Four Chemical Engineers (2 P.E.’s)
- Two graduate Chemists
- ASTM, ANSI, AAMA Testing Capability
- SAF complies with all federal, state and local environmental regulations.
GUIDELINES FOR ANODIZING
- For good appearance, be sure to use anodizing quality (AQ) aluminum
- Anodizing surface quality is dependent on the metal we start with. Anodizing does not cover up scratches or water stains.
- Anodized Aluminum is corrosion resistant and Coil Anodizing improves material handling and allows for a more uniform appearance.
SAF is unique in offering:
- Fabrication, anodizing, aluminum coil anodizing and painting facilities from a single source.
- A full fabrication department with the ability to manufacture anything made of aluminum.
- SAF stocks a complete inventory of aluminum coils, sheets, extrusions, and roofing trims.
- State-of-the-art information processing power.