Anodized Aluminum Spacer Bars
Anodized Aluminum Spacer Bars for insulated glass
Manufacturers worldwide have used SAF’s clear anodized finish for aluminum spacer bars. Anodized Aluminum Spacer Bars have several benefits, including: increased laser-welding speeds, better adhesion of the sealant to the metal, and a clean surface for material handling during the manufacturing process. The matte finish also minimizes reflecting sunlight.
- Anodized Aluminum Metal: typically between 0.28mm and 0.4mm (0.010″ and .016″ inches)
- Up to 49″ input widths
- Color Anodizing (dyes)
- 66″ maximum O.D., 10,000 lbs maximum coil weight
- Anodic coating typically less than 3uM
- Four Chemical Engineers (2 P.E.’s)
- Two graduate Chemists
- ASTM, ANSI, AAMA Testing Capability
- SAF complies with all federal, state and local environmental regulations.
GUIDELINES FOR ANODIZING
- For good appearance, be sure to use anodizing quality (AQ) aluminum
- Anodizing surface quality is dependent on the metal we start with. Anodizing does not cover up scratches or water stains.
- Anodized Aluminum is corrosion resistant and Coil Anodizing improves material handling and allows for a more uniform appearance.
SAF is unique in offering:
- Fabrication, anodizing, aluminum coil anodizing and painting facilities from a single source.
- A full fabrication department with the ability to manufacture anything made of aluminum.
- We stock a complete inventory of aluminum coils, aluminum sheets, aluminum extrusions, and aluminum roofing trims.
- State-of-the-art information processing.