Spacer bars for insulated glass
Spacer bar manufacturer’s worldwide have used SAF’s clear anodized finish for spacer bars. Our product allows for increased laser-welding speeds, better adhesion of the sealant to the metal, and a clean surface for material handling during the manufacturing process. The matte finish also avoids reflecting sunlight.
- Metal thickness: typically between 0.28mm and 0.4mm (0.010″ and .016″ inches)
- Up to 49″ input widths
- Color Anodizing (dyes)
- 66″ maximum O.D., 10,000 lbs maximum coil weight
- Anodic coating typically less than 3uM
- Four Chemical Engineers (2 P.E.’s)
- Two graduate Chemists
- ASTM, ANSI, AAMA Testing Capability
- SAF complies with all federal, state and local environmental regulations.
GUIDELINES FOR ANODIZING
- For good appearance, be sure to use anodizing quality (AQ) aluminum
- Anodizing surface quality is dependent on the metal we start with. Anodizing does not cover up scratches or water stains.
- Anodized Aluminum is corrosion resistant and Coil Anodizing improves material handling and allows for a more uniform appearance.
SAF is unusual because they offer:
- Fabrication, anodizing, coil anodizing and painting facilities from a single source.
- A full fabrication department with the ability to manufacture anything made of aluminum.
- They carry a complete inventory of aluminum coils, sheets, extrusions, and roofing trims.
- State-of-the-art information processing power.