Integral Color (discontinued) vs. 2-step Anodizing
Because of certain performance advantages, SAF now offers the more generally accepted 2-step anodizing process. We no longer offer the Integral Color, AKA Duranodic, anodizing process. Differences between the two anodizing processes help explain why, especially for architectural aluminum finishing applications:
Integral Color (Duranodic) DISCONTINUED
- Harder coat (more dense) than 2-step.
- Generally a thicker coat than 2-step unless Class I 2-step is specified.
- Single step process.
- Hides welds a little better than 2-step
- Does not craze when fabricated as badly as Integral.
- Color is independent of coating thickness.
- In general, more anodizers use the 2-step process.