Powder Coating-Series 28 Guide Specifications
Guide Specification for SERIES 28 POWDER COATINGS
by Tiger Drylac USAas applied by SAF
Finish on exposed surfaces
- Electrostatic applied polyester powder coating based on Tiger-Drylac USA, Inc., TIGER-Drylac Series 28 Powder Coating applied by Southern Aluminum Finishing Co, Inc.
- Finish coat: One coat of powder coating based on Polyester for commercial architecture.
Minimum thickness shall be 2.5 – 3.5 mils dry film thickness
RETAIN BELOW FOR BUILDING WITH DIRECT EXPOSURE TO SALT AND FOG ALONG SEA SHORE.
- Finish coat: Two coats of powder coatin based on Polyester for commerical architecture. Coat twice to obtain minimum 3.5 – 5 mils thickness on edges and corners.
- Cure first coat between 392′F (200′C) for 5 minutes and 356′F (180′C) for 10 minutes.
- Cure second coat between 392′F (200′C) for 22 minutes and 356′F (180′C) for 35 minutes.3) Measure temperature at substrate.
2. Color: Standard color selected by Architect from manufacturer’s standard color selection.