- SAF – Your partner for Vendor Managed Inventory – VMI
- 1 Day Turnaround on SAF Mill or Anodized Aluminum from stock
- Ordering and Quotation Guidelines
- SAF California branch – Toll Finishing Pick up & delivery
- Custom Anodizing Explained
- Anodizing Benefits
- Current Anodizing Processes
- Coil Anodizing Guidelines
- Anodizing Test Results
- Anodizing and the Environment
- Anodizing Course Online
- Anodizing, a Historical Perspective
- SAF Designation System for Aluminum Finishing
- Anodizing Finish Order Codes
- Anodizing Color Choices
- Light & Medium Bronze-EXPECT COLOR VARIATION!
- Integral Color Anodizing Discontinued
- Anodic Coating Designations
- Integral Color vs. 2-Step Anodizing
- Anodized Aluminum Applications
- SAF Anodizing Projects
ANODIZING 101 – AAC’S FIRST ONLINE COURSE FOR ARCHITECTS
Anodizing Course for Building, Design and Construction
The Aluminum Anodizers Council (AAC) has released a new online learning course for architects, designers, engineers, building developers and others. Anodizing 101: Building, Construction & Design is available on AEC Daily, a continuing education website for B&C professionals.
Anodizing Course Description: Provides an overview of the sustainability of aluminum, the anodizing process, and the performance characteristics of architectural anodized aluminum. It includes information to assist in the selection and specification of architectural anodized finishes for aluminum sheet, extrusions, and panels.
Presented by: Todd Hamilton, Southern Aluminum Finishing Company
This Anodizing Course is part of one or more “AAC Course Collections”. Click here to view the details.
The focus of the Anodizing 101 course is sustainable design. This course may qualify for USGBC approved GBCI CE Hours, please check course details pages for particulars. AEC Daily Continuing Education link.
Anodizing Course Learning Objectives:
- What is Anodizing?
- Benefits of Anodizing
- How to Specify Anodized Materials
- Care of Anodized Materials
What is Anodizing
- Advantages of Aluminum
- Types of Materials- sheet, extrusion, fabricated
- Sustainability of aluminum and anodizing/Green message
- Types of anodizing
Benefits of Anodizing
- Versatility- easily fabricated and colored
- Ease of Maintenance
- Advantages of anodizing over paint and powder coat finishes
Specifying Anodized Materials
- AAMA 611
- Aluminum Association Bulletin 45
- Aluminum Association Designation System
Care of Anodized Materials
- Finish restored using mild soap and water
- AAMA 609 and AAMA 610- cleaning and care specifications