- Ace the Anodizing Process
- SAF – Your partner for Vendor Managed Inventory – VMI
- 1 Day Turnaround on SAF Mill or Anodized Aluminum from stock
- Ordering and Quotation Guidelines
- SAF California branch – Toll Finishing Pick up & delivery
- Custom Anodizing Explained
- Anodizing Benefits
- Current Anodizing Processes
- Coil Anodizing Guidelines
- Anodizing Test Results
- Anodizing and the Environment
- Anodizing Course Online
- Anodizing, a Historical Perspective
- SAF Designation System for Aluminum Finishing
- Anodizing Finish Order Codes
- Anodizing Color Choices
- Light & Medium Bronze-EXPECT COLOR VARIATION!
- Integral Color Anodizing Discontinued
- Anodic Coating Designations
- Integral Color vs. 2-Step Anodizing
- Anodized Aluminum Applications
- SAF Anodizing Projects
ANODIZING TEST ILLUSTRATES PROTECTION LEVELS
To provide anodizing specifiers with a practical anodizing performance expectation SAF conducted an Anodizing Test with Salt Spray on three aluminum samples for 1,000 hours. Resistance to salt spray is a true test of any finish for architectural metals. The SAF Salt Spray Test performed over time on different Anodizing Process Finishes documents the relative durability for each Anodizing Class.
The below two pictures show how anodized aluminum responds to a salt spray test on anodized samples, administered for 1,000 hrs in accordance with ASTM B117 Test Standard. The anodized aluminum panels show increasing levels of anodic coating. The thinnest anodized finish clearly shows the most pitting. The anodized coating thicknesses are 0.250, 0.50 and 0.8 mils. 0.50 is a AA Class II coating and 0.8 is a AA Class I coating. The Class I Anodizing shows little or no damage from the salt spray.
Click here for Anodizing Designations helpful for developing an anodizing specification.
Click here for Current Anodizing Processes, a comparative table explaining the characteristics and unique features of various aluminum anodizing choices.
ANODIZING STANDARDS + RECOGNITION
BROCHURES & DOWNLOADS
SAF 201 clear anodized