- Anodizing Job Checklist
- Preparing Aluminum For Finishing
- Common Anodizing Specifications
- Anodizing Dye Colors
- Aluminum Finish Specification
- Military Specification Anodizing (Mil-A-8625)
- Aluminum Coil Anodizing Guidelines
- Extrusions & Sheet Poster
- Custom Anodizing
- Cut-to-Length Aluminum Extrusions
- How to Decide Between Anodizing, Painting, and Powder Coating
- Aluminum Finishing – Painting vs Anodizing Features
- Appearance and Color Variation
- How to Specify Anodized & Painted Finishes
- Color Range Samples for anodizing
- Anodic Coating Designations
- Aluminum Sheet: Anodizing – Integral Color (Duranodic)
- Integral Color (discontinued) vs. 2-step Anodizing
- SAF adds acid etching to anodizing process
SAF (Southern Aluminum Finishing) services the nation from Georgia and California facilities to provide coast to coast, state-of-the-art aluminum finishing for architectural aluminum. SAFinish arose from SAF’s technical expertise and experience as a pioneer in providing custom anodized coatings, powder coatings, and spray coating services for toll and SAF inventoried aluminum. SAF is in a unique position to bring objectivity to selection choices for the most suitable finish for any customer application.
SAFinish is a proprietary SAF brand of high quality architectural grade aluminum finishes for exterior Anodizing and Paint applications. SAFinish is available for custom finishing orders on customer furnished (toll) or SAF aluminum extrusions and sheet from stock from SAF GA and SAF West.
Similarly, for SAF Aluminum Coil customers, SAFinish may be ordered for application to customer-furnished, or SAF aluminum coils from stock and processed at SAF Aluminum Coil plant in TN.
To see which finishes are designated SAFINISH please click here.
SAFinish was developed to simplify the specification of high quality, durable, commercial exterior aluminum finishes. Typically, specifying aluminum finishes is difficult, requiring references to the specifications of many unrelated trade associations. Architects find the plethora of aluminum finishing specifications confusing at best.
Specifiers design their buildings to last. It makes perfect sense for specifiers to rely on an aluminum anodizing & finishing standard like SAFinish rather than risk inferior applications to cut costs: an aluminum finish is typically less than 1% of a project’s cost, but can be 100% of its appearance.
Specifiers calling for SAFINISH aluminum finishing are assured the longest expected lifetime of any finish available for aluminum. SAFINISH coatings are only available on aluminum, because aluminum is the only metal with the longevity and resistance to corrosion equal to the quality implied by the SAFINISH designation.